A full day with Yonatan Levy, Author, Problem Hacking
As a UX designer, you are tasked with solving problems. But what does that really mean? How do you know if you are solving the right problem? How do you ensure that your solution will create the impact you want? These are tough questions to answer, but luckily, there are UX methods and tools that can help.
In this workshop, we’ll go over problem-solving methodologies and how to use them in your work. We’ll also talk about how to present your solutions in the most effective way possible. Join us and learn how to become a problem-solving machine!
In the morning session, you will learn a proven framework that will help you analyze problems more effectively, build team alignment, and accelerate results. You will also learn techniques for dealing with common pitfalls in problem-solving, so you can avoid them in your work.
9:30-10:30: Misconceptions on problem-solving
- Common mistakes when solving problems collaboratively and how to avoid them.
- The Problem-Hacking Framework to optimize your problem-solving efforts.
11:00-12:30: Hands-on practice of the Problem-Hacking® Framework
- Converting problems into metrics so you can define and measure success.
- Breaking down complex problems into root causes and mitigations that can be communicated and analyzed.
- Define solution criteria to build team alignment and colleagues’ support.
- Present your problem analysis while giving and receiving feedback from the group.
In the afternoon session, you will learn to communicate your solution propositions clearly and effectively. After all, even the greatest idea can be met with disagreement if not presented well. You will learn the 3-step framework used by Apple to superchanrge your message and inspire your teams.
13:30-15:00: Articulating design solutions
- The big mistake 99% of people make when presenting ideas.
- Building blocks for leading effective discussions.
- Reverse engineer Apple’s presentations and product launches.
15:30-17:00: Hands-on practice of the Solution Articulation Framework
- Apply a proven framework for presenting your solutions.
- Prime your audience, so they are well prepared to receive your proposition.
- Present your proposed solutions while giving and receiving feedback from the group.
Who is it for
This workshop is aimd for UX practitioners at all levels who wish to have the skills to solve design challenges and present their solutions effectively. If you work on a B2C mobile app or a B2B enterprise product, this workshop will give you the abilities you need to excel in your career.